We do not want to have to choose between look and formula: we want it all! An ultra-natural composition that's respectful of our health, of the environment and of animals—plus one that's organic, vegan, and cruelty-free! And, of course, a lead-free, paraben-free formula that has zero potentially toxic ingredients, and no hormone disruptors. Finally, we have something, with results that will blow you away: top-notch colors, with crazy long-lasting wear, great hold, and comfort that lasts! And the list goes on.
Eco-Friendly and Glam!
To make it simple, we want something that's totally eco-friendly and totally glamorous. That's what "the best lipstick" means to us. Yeah...we're not trying to toot our own horn, but thank you. And if there are choices and compromises we need to make, they have to be the best choices and the best compromises.
Our obsession with the best lipstick became our personal North Star: it is, to this day, our benevolent but firm guide that pushes us to make the most careful decisions, every step of the way. It was simple: we first just started with interviews, and then via our Instagram stories. We've listened to and valued all your opinions throughout our choices—no matter whether you're a makeup expert or emerging makeup guru. We did so to be absolutely certain that when you asked for "the best organic and vegan lipstick," that you would get this dream fulfilled in the best possible way.
"Would you like a second helping of cochineal insect?"
"Nah, I'm on a diet... "
What if we shared an example of the kind of dilemmas we face?
When you want organic, you naturally think about a label (usually private) that certifies the brand has followed a certain checklist regarding the ingredients used in their formula. Here's the problem: with lipsticks, the red pigment approved by the different organic labels is extracted from the cochineal insect and implies...that it's killed. Not at all fitting with our vegan logic. So, here's the alternative: synthetic pigments not approved by organic labels. We had to choose between organic and vegan. We chose vegan.
But we didn't give up on natural: the formula nevertheless has a high concentration of natural ingredients (82% for shades requiring the most red pigment, to 100% for less red shades) and organic ingredients (30% to 40%, knowing that labels require 20% in the best case scenario). Although we can always rely on organic specifications which serve as a point of reference, we must go forward with our gut feeling. So, no label, and no right to claim organic. Sometimes we must make difficult choices—but it's all for the right reasons.
The Best Natural Lipstick, According to Our Customers!
As we aspired to create the best lipstick, you were given the floor. Your criteria and your requirements: these are the challenges our chemists have taken on.
- Amazing colors? Check! Each hue is created with the help of our Instagram community and approved by our makeup artists.
- Long lasting without drying lips out? Double check! Transfer-proof lipsticks have the drawback of being saturated with silicone AND drying out lips. Surprisingly, chapped lips aren't very charming...but unlikely to happen with our ALL TIGERS formula, which is packed with botanical oils and waxes. Another bonus? The formula's holding power helps the color stay in place all day, and it also provides a "lip balm" nourishing power effect, for durable comfort. And don't forget our tips for a special long-lasting lipstick removal.
- "Easy-matte" finish? Triple check! The right balance between matte and shine. What a relief, no need to have a perfectly airbrushed foundation to go along with this fashion statement matte lipstick.
- Ecological? Check, again! Between 82% to 100% of natural ingredients, and between 30% and 40% of ingredients from organic farming.
- Vegan? and again check! No ingredient of animal origin. Zero, nada, nothing. And no pigment extracted from cochineal, either.
- Cruelty-free? and again check, check! Like you, we love animals. We are opposed to animal testing in every country because, well, it's just not a good thing. It's already banned in Europe. Outside of Europe, if a country were to impose those tests on us, we are committed to taking our products out of that particular market.
- Good for the environment? check, check, check! Partners of 1% FOR THE PLANET, We pay 1% of our proceeds to the Poh Kao Association, which fights for the protection of wild tigers in Asia. These initiatives go far beyond the survival of the tiger, as it also works on its entire eco-system and involves the local population.
Alright, alright, no more "checks!", you get the point.
Let us introduce the ALL TIGERS lipstick: a sensational texture, extraordinary results, and formulated in a way that does not saturate your lips with a bunch of chemicals.
So, who's the best?
Whether you're #TeamEcoFriendly or #TeamGlam, the queen of the jungle is YOU. You want to take the reins of ALL TIGERS? There’s one thing you can do: follow us on Instagram and let your voice be heard. We consult our community every step of the way. Ready to roar? ROAARRR!